Monday, November 22, 2010

Pure Anada Review (Part II) and Contest

Imagine my sheer delight, early last week, at receiving a parcel of fabulous products that Pure Anada's Candace Grenier very generously sent my way.  New products to try!  Very exciting!  Allow me to share with you what I found...

Berry & Bouquet Hydra Cream  This moisturizer surprised and impressed me.  You will recognize and be able to pronounce the ingredients in this cream (how refreshing!) which contains strawberry and has a pleasant, mild scent of rose.  It felt light when applied, and I wondered whether it would adequately moisturize my skin, living in the cold, dry climate of northern BC.  Not only did it moisturize well, but my skin tone looks better than it has for the last 2 years using my usual (absurdly expensive) cream!  Mineral powder foundation applies like a dream after prepping with this.  I was left wondering why so many companies use chemicals in their moisturizers when such a high quality product can be made with natural ingredients.  I also wondered if I will ever be able to buy Berry & Bouquet by the litre...

Cocoa Mint Foot Balm   I defy you not to sigh with pleasure when you inhale the light, sweet scent of this product! This is a rich, intensive balm that works well to soften heels, elbows, and anywhere else that needs some extra TLC.  For a treat, apply at night, pop on a pair of light cotton socks, and marvel at how soft your feet are the next morning. I have a reflexology practice and try a lot of different foot lotions and balms.  This one smells yummy and natural, absorbs quickly, and feels wonderful on the skin.  Looking for a thoughtful stocking stuffer, or an any-occasion gift to make a loved-one feel pampered?  Try this cocoa mint foot balm.
Lavender & Chamomile Calming Cleanser   The first thing that struck me about this cleanser when I applied it was the rich scent and immediate cooling effect it had on my skin.  Sooo relaxing at the end of a long day, like a mini spa treatment for your face and senses.  I typically use a liquid make-up remover at night, followed by a moisturizing cream.  Surprisingly, I found I didn't need to apply moisturizer after using this creamy cleanser.  My skin felt soft, cool, and refreshed.   If you don't enjoy the scent of lavender, you might wish to try one of the other cleansers Pure Anada has to offer.  If you are a lavender lover, however, you simply must have this product!  

Natural Mascara  I almost jumped out of my skin, I was so eager to try this.  Natural mascara?  Really? We have all resigned ourselves to using the usual tar-that-is-mascara, haven't we?  Is there really another option?  Now there is!  Pure Anada's Natural Mascara contains 97% natural ingredients and is pH balanced for eyes.  It is a fantastic option for people with sensitive eyes.  I can vouch for the fact that it performs as well - if not better (no clumps or flakes!) - than any other mascara I've used. It is water resistant, making it durable yet easily removed with a gentle cleanser. There's a reason it is receiving rave reviews at the Pure Boutique! Read more about it here

Velvet Matte Coral Blush  This was another product that surprised me (and in this case, when I say surprised, it means I did not expect things to go well! *L*)  I have never purchased or used a coral coloured make-up.  Having always associated the colour coral with orange, my instinct was to avoid it like the plague.  Clearly, it pays to try something new!  I was pleased to discover that this blush looks natural and flattering on my skin, even with my pink undertones.  Subtle and pretty brushed across the eyelids, too.

Morden's Blush Lipstick and Petal Lip Gloss  These lipsticks and glosses rival any big label lip colour out there.  Pure Anada lipsticks are vegan, go on smoothly, and stay on for hours. I find Morden's blush a pretty shade for the fall and winter, and wear it often.  I am thrilled to report that their glosses are light, creamy, richly pigmented (they cover as well as a lipstick) and are not sticky.  Hallelujah!  It has been years since I have worn lip gloss, finding the majority of them thick, gooey, and not worth the hassle. Pure Anada glosses are perfect!  Highly recommended. If you enjoy wearing lip glosses, please do yourself a favor and try Pure Anada's line.  Neither the lipsticks nor the glosses contain silicones or artificial colourants, and they are free of the chemical taste and smell so often found in mainstream brands of lipcolour.


Contest

Please read rules carefully before entering.

Win a $50 gift voucher to be used at The Pure Boutique online store!

NOTE: This voucher applies to the Pure Anada make-up, skin care line, brushes, and bath & body products only.  The winner's order will be shipped free of charge.

Open to residents of Canada and the United States.  Contest ends December 3rd.   If I have not received a response from the randomly selected winner by December 7th, a new winner will be selected and notified.

This contest has now ended.  Thank you to everyone who entered! 

Congratulations to S. Lilley of Woodstock, Ontario.  Enjoy your shopping spree at The Pure Boutique!

11 comments:

  1. mineral make-up is non-comedogenic, which means it does not block the pores of the skin but instead allows the skin to breathe which is great for someone who has acne
    something i would put on my whishlist is the Ella's Botanicals soaps

    coolcj123@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is made from eco-friendly, non-toxic formulas that are safe and healthy.

    One thing I would add to my wishlist would be the Glow mineral veil.

    sweetlands@nf.sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for another great review of more Pure Anada products.
    One thing I learned about this line of make-up is that the lipsticks are considered vegan.
    First on my wish list is Natural Mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The items are all made with organic, all natural ingredients.

    One thing I would put on a wishlist is for the Sugar Plum Lipgloss!

    roseinfullbloom@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're made from non-toxic ingredients.

    I would love to try the Loose Mineral Foundation.

    vira_reda(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like that organic ingredients are used when possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love and learned that it's natural.
    On my wishlist would be the natural mascara or the beautiful lipgloss.
    Oh yeah, and anything that makes a product called "Cinnamon Smooch Lip Shimmer" has to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that all the products are natural. I would love to get the color correctors if i won. theswimmer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have learned that Pure Anada products are eco-friendly. I would really like to try the Velvet Matte Blush, Cedar Rose Lipstick and the Natural Mascara. These are the items on my wish list.

    Hope I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned that they have a line of non-toxic nail polish! That would be the first thing I'd put on my wish list.

    paperandglue at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for having this contest, Dawn! I am thrilled to have a chance to try out the Pure Anada line! :)

    ReplyDelete